Youth Development and Overnight Camp
It is natural for parents to want the best for their children. Success, happiness, good health, acceptable social skills, independence through critical thinking and other problem-solving skills are essential for a child’s growth. In short, the overnight camp experience provides all the integral building blocks and the ideal environment, a home away from distractions and the city environment.
Dr. Peter Scales, a noted psychologist, educator, and author says that camp is a special place where young people can thrive in terms of physical endeavors, creative pursuits and social participation, something that most schools aren’t able to provide.
Child development leaders have been stating the importance of overnight camp in today’s society, and how group living and camp activities steeped in a natural camp environment can facilitate a healthy, successful and fun development on a daily basis. Children interact with responsible adults and have plenty of time to relax, to talk, and just reflect. They work with their peers, take responsibility, gain self-confidence, self-reliance, independence, pursue creative skills, all of which contribute immensely to a child being healthy on all aspects.
What The Experts Say About Overnight Camp
Child development professionals recognize overnight summer camp as an invaluable tool in helping children grow physically, emotionally, intellectually, morally and socially upright. It is generally understood that the building blocks of self-esteem is made up of contributing, learning, and belonging. These three vital components that children need can be formed in overnight camp, beyond the four corners of school and even beyond home.
Dr. Michael Popkin, founder of Active Parenting and family therapist, says that camp’s greatest benefit is perhaps its ability to let young people find and cultivate their interests, value and talent. This is something that current educational institutions won’t fully satisfy. Children who undergo and acquire all these things will be better prepared and are healthier overall.
Dr. Peter Scales, Senior Fellow of Search Institute and noted educator/author, says that camp teaches children how to solve their own problems, interact with fellow peers and adjust socially, learn how to take responsibility, and acquire new skills, increasing their self-esteem in the process.
Why Choose Us – The Camp Experts & Teen Summers?
1. We will help you in finding that perfect overnight camp experience with our select team of advisors, navigators and research staff.
2. Our renowned expertise is passed down from generation to generation of people wanting to help people in finding excellent overnight summer camps. We believe that camp can foster lifelong friendship and treasured memories, and act as a catalyst for developing core growth.
3. We are ambassadors of independence. Summer may be fun to spend at home, but summer spent outside can provide children the freedom and space they sorely need to gain real-life experiences, responsibilities and a sense of identity.
4. We are a group of moms and former campers, camp directors and counselors, and we are passionate about our work. Our personal touch is what makes us trusted friends whom you can trust instead of just a hired team out to find a camp for you.
5. Our company believes in timely communication and in being responsive. We know how parents would like to speak with an actual human being in regards to selecting a good overnight summer camp because we are parents too. A counselor will work closely beside you to help you make the best decision possible.
6. Each parent and child will receive a personalized experience. We ask all the right questions to make sure we understand your needs, both spoken and unspoken. We are great listeners.
7. We are always up to date and always connected 24/7. Our Camp Expert & Teen Summers staff travel all over the country to visit the programs and see the available camps in person. We pride ourselves in knowing the hottest industry updates, trends and news so you get the best possible choices.
8. Your satisfaction is guaranteed. You will leave feeling confident and assured that the overnight summer camp you chose is the right one for your child.
9. We are a year-round resource that is always available. We can help you prepare for a fantastic summer in the best way possible- fun, friendly, and with personality to match. Preparing for summer doesn’t have to be an exhausting and overwhelming task. Just leave it to us, and you’ll be happy that you did.
Want your child or teen to have this experience, please click here to get free, professional overnight camp assistance.